26 janeiro 2006

Pequenas pérolas - Roger McGough


Fame

The best thing
about being famous

is when you walk
down the street

and people turn around
to look at you

and bump into things.

There are fascists

There are
fascists
pretending
to be humanitarians

like
cannibals
on a health kick
eating only
vegetarians.

The Leader

I wanna be the leader
I wanna be the leader
Can I be the leader?
Can I? I can?
Promise? Promise?
Yipee, I’m the leader
I’m the leader.

OK what shall we do?

Fired with Enthusiasm

This morning
the boss
came into work
bursting
with enthusiasm

and fired everybody.

The Perfect Crime

The sword-swallower
stabbed his unfaithful
wife to death

Before disposing
of the murder weapon
in one gulp.

Ostrich

One morning
an ostrich
buried his head
in the sand
and fell asleep

On waking
he couldn’t remember
where he’d buried it.

Punk doll

Last week
I bought my favourite niece
a cute little doll
from a punk toy shop
in the King’s Road.

When you twist the safety pin
in her rosy cheek
she vomits and shouts
‘shitshitshitshitshit’
in a tinny voice.

The doll is pretty strange too.

Sem comentários: